Browse Similar Jobs: Customer Service
Department: Patient Accounting
Schedule: Half time
Shift: Days - other
Hours: M 8-4:30, T 8-4:30, Thursdays 8:30 - 12:30
High school diploma or equivalent preferred Experience is required Knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT codes Medical Terminology Required
Responsible for answering all incoming calls including credit card payments as well as insurance mail to Patient Business Affairs. Must effectively troubleshoot problems with tact; develop workable solutions to problems using sound judgment and in adherence with HIPAA guidelines and PBA protocols under general supervision.
Education or Formal Training
Minimum high school diploma or equivalent preferred
Special Qualifications (licensure, registration, etc.)
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
1. Ability to communicate clearly and respectfully with all patient populations
2. Ability to handle confidential patient information with discretion and tact.
3. Ability to work under stressful situations
4. Basic math/accounting aptitude
5. Vision necessary to accurately process paperwork
Minimum one year experience billing and collecting in a medical setting preferred
Materials and Equipment Directly Used
1. General office equipment.
2. Microfiche machine.
3. Keyboard with mainframe.
4. PC-appropriate software.
5. Operate multiple phone lines.
Working Environment/Physical Activities
1. Minimal lifting/bending
2. Long periods of sitting, data input, and phone usage